By Ashok Agarwal, Sajal Gupta, Rakesh Sharma
This cutting-edge laboratory handbook comprises 20 medical protocols used day-by-day for the research of the infertile male, awarded with effortless to appreciate, step by step method. The protocols are prepared from regimen to complicated laboratory tactics universal to scientific perform, together with computer-assisted semen research, sperm training for IUI by way of density gradient and swim-up, sperm cryopreservation, and sperm DNA fragmentation try via TUNEL procedure, between others. The method in each one protocol follows top perform guidance made clearer via professionally hand-drawn illustrations protecting lots of the very important steps and gear. The authors, hailing from the world-renowned Andrology middle at Cleveland health facility, have over 50 years of mixed first-hand adventure in handling very busy diagnostic and study amenities in male infertility and andrology. The e-book may be an imperative source for hundreds of thousands of laboratory technologists, clinicians and reproductive pros (andrologists, embryologist, etc.) engaged within the prognosis and administration of infertile males round the world.
Read Online or Download Andrological Evaluation of Male Infertility: A Laboratory Guide PDF
Best urology books
This concise pocket consultant to urological investigative tactics experiences the indicators and pitfalls of checks ahead of they're asked and indicates which investigations can be played in person urological stipulations. half I describes rules, method, merits and downsides of every research and covers all urological investigations/tests from easy X-ray of the stomach (KUB) to puppy scanning.
Written particularly for urological trainees through a unusual staff of individuals, The medical foundation of Urology, moment variation offers the reader with an intensive insurance of urology. each quarter, functionality, sickness and healing of the urinary tract, in addition to particular discussions of the appropriate anatomy and body structure, are mentioned in sincerely written textual content, abundantly illustrated with complete colour pictures and diagrams.
Prostate melanoma is the commonest neoplasm in males and its administration is especially advanced, by way of either prognosis and remedy. in recent times the price of multidisciplinary administration inside of a prostate melanoma unit has been more and more famous. this kind of multidisciplinary technique inside a really expert unit includes a number of experts, together with urologists, oncologists, radiotherapists, radiologists and pathologists.
- Operative Urology at the Cleveland Clinic
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pediatric Incontinence: Evaluation and Clinical Management
- Congenital Anomalies of the Penis
Additional info for Andrological Evaluation of Male Infertility: A Laboratory Guide
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. Procedure Working in the sterile hood, label one 50 ml conical tube and two room temperature tryptic soy agar (TSA) plates for each Dewar to be tested and two plates each for the negative and positive controls Open the Dewar and use the measuring stick to stir up any sediment from the bottom of the tank Remove the tube lid. Using long forceps, lower the tube into the liquid nitrogen until the tube contains approximately 50 mL of liquid nitrogen Replace the lid loosely on the tube and transfer it rapidly to a tube rack in the sterile hood Allow the nitrogen to evaporate completely Working within the sterile hood, remove the tube lid and add 500 μL of sterile water, replace the lid, and close ﬁrmly Use a vortex mixer and inversion of the tube to allow the water to rinse the entire inside of the tube Remove the tube lid and dip a sterile swab tip into the water until saturated Remove the TSA plate lid and swipe the surface of the agar with the cotton swab without disturbing the surface of the agar.
13. Cooper TG, Björndahl L, Vreebrg J, Nieschlag E. Semen analysis and external quality control schemes for semen analysis need global standardization. Int J Androl. 2002;25:306–11. 14. Auger J, Eustach F, Ducot B, Blandin T, Daudin M, Diaz I, El Matribi S, Gony B, Keskes L, Kolbezen M, Lamart A, Lornage J, Nomal N, Pitaval G, Simon O, Virant-Klun I, Spira A, Jouannet P. Intra- and inter-individual variability in human sperm concentration, motility and vitality assessment during a workshop involving ten laboratories.
Standardization and quality control of sperm concentration and sperm motility counts in semen analysis. Hum Reprod. 1986;5:299–303. 20. Brazil C, Swan SH, Tollner CR, Treece C, Drobnis EZ, Wang C, Redmon JB, Overstreet JW. Quality control of laboratory methods for semen evaluation in a multicenter research study. J Androl. 2004;25:345–56. 21. Clements S, Cooke ID, Barratt CL. Implementing comprehensive quality control in the andrology laboratory. Hum Reprod. 1995;10: 2096–106. 22. De Jonge C. Commentary: forging a partnership between total quality management and the andrology laboratory.
Andrological Evaluation of Male Infertility: A Laboratory Guide by Ashok Agarwal, Sajal Gupta, Rakesh Sharma